Thanksgiving will be different this year, but we need to act in the best interests of everyone. So we’re joining others in asking you to be safe this holiday season, and to follow COVID safety guidelines. Please remember:
Reconsider Your Travel:
Travel may increase your chance of getting and spreading COVID-19. Postponing travel and staying home is the best way to protect yourself and others this year. Consider other Thanksgiving activities and get creative!
Wear a Mask:
· Wear a mask with two or more layers to help protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
· Wear the mask over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin.
· Make sure the mask fits snugly against the sides of your face.
Keep Your Distance: 6 feet is best!
· Remember that people without symptoms may be able to spread COVID-19 or flu.
· Keeping 6 feet (about 2 arm lengths) from others is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
· Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
· Keep hand sanitizer with you and use it when you are unable to wash your hands.
· Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Please know that Delaware 211 is always here to help. Whether you need reliable information on housing, food, employment, healthcare or other resources, just dial 2-1-1 or text 898-211 and our resource specialists will be there to help. We’ll be answering calls this Thanksgiving holiday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. So if you need us, we are here.