Stephen B. Kingsberry, Executive Director of the Delaware Department of Transportation’s Delaware Transit Corporation, announced that changes to DART First State fixed route bus service will become effective December 5, 2010. New bus schedules are available on all buses and online at www.DartFirstState.com.
Below are the changes by county. Bold type indicates a change from or an addition to the original proposal based on public comments:
New Castle County:
• Minor time changes, where needed, to improve on-time performance or connections with other buses or trains.
• Route 1 – due to overcrowding, trips will be added from 9 AM to 4 PM weekdays, resulting in the bus operating every 20 minutes between downtown Wilmington and Market St. at Lea Blvd., and every 40 minutes between downtown Wilmington and Tri-State Mall.
• Route 3 – the 4:34 PM trip from the Opportunity Center will be replaced with a trip leaving at 4:04 PM.
• Route 4 – service from 9 AM to 4 PM weekdays will operate every 20 minutes instead of every 15 minutes in order to improve on-time performance.
• Route 6 – due to overcrowding, trips will be added from 9 AM to 4 PM weekdays, resulting in the bus operating every 20 minutes between downtown Wilmington and Prices Corner, and every 40 minutes between downtown Wilmington and Newark.
• Route 8 – service will be extended to serve the Woodlawn Library on 9th St. at Grant Ave.
• Route 15 – the following five trips will no longer serve Twin Spans Business Park due to low ridership: outbound to Christiana Mall – 12:18 PM, 12:48 PM, 3:18 PM; inbound to Rodney Square – 11:56 AM, 12:32 PM.
• Route 17 – there will be no change in service to Zenith as originally proposed. Based on public comment, levels of service to Baylor Women’s Correctional Institution will increase with the addition of 2 trips and other trips have been adjusted to meet demand. The adjusted schedule to Baylor will be: 7:01 AM, 7:23 AM, 8:57 AM, 9:27 AM, 12:27 PM, 1:27 PM, 2:27 PM, 4:28 PM, 5:28 PM, 6:15 PM, 8:21 PM, and 11:15 PM.
• Route 24 – NEW SUNDAY SERVICE will be implemented hourly from 9 AM to 5 PM between downtown Wilmington and Governor Printz Blvd. only.
• Route 28 – from downtown Wilmington, AstraZeneca will be served onsite at 6:36 AM, 7:00 AM, 7:48 AM, 8:59 AM, 4:37 PM; toward Wilmington at 9:01 AM, 4:40 PM.
• Route 33 – Sunday service will be eliminated due to low ridership.
• Route 43 – service between 9 AM and 3 PM will operate every 60 minutes instead of every 30 minutes; evening service will be added leaving Odessa Park & Ride at 6:40 PM, 7:40 PM, and leaving Middletown at 7:20 PM.
• Route 61 –route alignment to Claymont will change to serve Society Dr. and Northtowne Plaza before Tri-State Mall.
• Dover’s Water Street Transfer Center will relocate to the new Transit Center 3 blocks west on Water St. between Queen St. and West St. near Dover Police Station (service to the new Transit Center will begin on Monday, December 13).
• Some routes will have minor time changes due to the relocation of the Dover Transit Center.
• Route 104 – route will terminate at Camden Wal-Mart, no longer serving Peachtree Run or Mifflin Meadows (Route 117 will continue to serve Mifflin Meadows on weekdays). Transfer point between Rts. 104 & 117 will be at Camden Wal-Mart. Mifflin Meadows will not be served on Saturdays.
• Route 117 – route will be extended to serve Peachtree Run and Camden Wal-Mart. Transfer point between Rts. 104 & 117 will be at Camden Wal-Mart.
• Minor time changes, where needed, to improve on-time performance or connections with other buses.
• Route 301 – minor time changes to improve on-time performance or connections with other buses.