The Department of Transportation announces that George & Lynch Inc. will be rehabilitating eight roadways throughout Sussex County. The project consists of hot-mix patching.
The following roads will have intermittent lane restrictions:
• Cedar Beach Road from Shockley Road to Mills Road
• Sylvan Acres Road from Cedar Creek Road to Route 1
• North Oak Grove Road from Route 20 to the Maryland state line
• Route 16 from North Old State Road to Ponder Road
• Woodpecker Road from Route 20 to the Maryland state line
• Trap Pond Road from Wooten Road to Route 24
• Pear Tree Road from Route 26 to Careys Camp Road
• Zion Church Road from Evans Road to Gum Road
The project will begin on Monday, June 8 and end on Friday, July 17, pending weather. The work schedule will be from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Motorists should drive with caution and slow down in work zones.
Traffic alerts and traveler information are available at www.deldot.gov or tune-in to WTMC-AM 1380.