Heavy wet snow and ice could result in outages, customers encouraged to prepare
Heavy, wet snow and ice can accumulate on trees, adding significant weight that can cause branches to break and result in power outages for customers. If outages do occur, field crews and personnel will work to repair the damage and safely restore service for customers as quickly as possible.
Delmarva Power reminds customers to stay safe during extreme winter weather and prepare for possible storm damage. Customers can visit Delmarva Power’s website at www.delmarva.com, use the mobile app or contact the company at 1-800-898-8042 to report any outages.
- Always stay away from any storm damaged electrical equipment, especially downed power lines and tree limbs that may come into contact with power lines.
- Never use an oven or other cooking device as a heat source for your home.
- Don't connect your generator directly to your home's wiring. Never use a generator indoors, in an attached garage or other enclosed structure. Read and adhere to the manufacturer's instructions for safe operation.
- Check on elderly neighbors and relatives.
Just as Delmarva Power has made preparations ahead of the storm, customers also should be prepared for the impact of severe weather:
- Have a flashlight with fresh batteries on each floor of your home.
- Have a supply of bottled water and easy-to-prepare, non-perishable foods available.
- Charge cell phones and other mobile devices.
- More tips are available at www.delmarva.com.
Over the last five years, Delmarva Power has spent hundreds of millions of dollars modernizing the local energy grid to enhance reliability for customers and prevent those outages that can be prevented. This work has resulted in the most reliable electric service in the company’s history.