The Indian River School District will host a series of public meetings in the coming weeks to highlight the current expense referendum scheduled for Tuesday, November 22.
The meeting schedule is as follows:
- October 13 – Lord Baltimore Elementary School, 7:00 p.m.
- October 17 – Millsboro Middle School, 7:00 p.m.
- October 20 – Selbyville Middle School, 7:00 p.m.
- October 24 – Sussex Central High School, 6:00 p.m. (Prior to Board of Education meeting.)
- November 15 – Indian River High School, 7:00 p.m.
- November 16 – Georgetown Middle School, 7:00 p.m.
- November 17 – North Georgetown Elementary School, 6:00 p.m.
At each meeting, district officials will give a presentation outlining the referendum initiative. The public will then have the opportunity to ask questions.
The referendum will seek additional local funding for school security programs, technology, textbooks, student organizations and measures related to enrollment growth.
Photo by HOY en Delaware.