Come join in the fun, as Dover, Delaware celebrates the exciting history of our First State's Capital City!
This year's event will kick off the week prior to Dover Days with a series of programs throughout the county in celebration of our heritage, culture and the arts. The festival is a blend of traditions and modern attractions that brings people to Delaware from all over the Mid-Atlantic Region.
Dover Days is the county's largest festival and one of Delaware's longest-running events that celebrates First State history. Here are a few fun facts about Dover Days:
• The event was started in 1933 as a home and garden tour. To celebrate the 80th anniversary, a garden tour will be held on Sunday, May 5.
• It is a jam-packed weekend of fun for the whole family -- from the Kids Zone to the classic car show and 350 artisans, crafters and food vendors, you'll find something for everyone!
• You can see 300 children in colonial attire dancing around the maypole on Dover's historic Green.
• Explore Revolutionary War, Civil War and World War II encampments.
• Visit Woodburn, the home of the Governor.
• More than 40 food vendors will serve up everything from delicious barbecue to popcorn, peanuts and pizza.
For more information, visit http://www.doverdaysfestival.com