Below are the changes by county. Bold type indicates a change from or an addition to the original proposal based on public comments:
New Castle County:
• Minor time changes, where needed, to improve on-time performance or connections with other buses or trains.
• Route 1 – due to overcrowding, trips will be added from 9 AM to 4 PM weekdays, resulting in the bus operating every 20 minutes between downtown Wilmington and Market St. at Lea Blvd., and every 40 minutes between downtown Wilmington and Tri-State Mall.
• Route 3 – the 4:34 PM trip from the Opportunity Center will be replaced with a trip leaving at 4:04 PM.
• Route 4 – service from 9 AM to 4 PM weekdays will operate every 20 minutes instead of every 15 minutes in order to improve on-time performance.
• Route 6 – due to overcrowding, trips will be added from 9 AM to 4 PM weekdays, resulting in the bus operating every 20 minutes between downtown Wilmington and Prices Corner, and every 40 minutes between downtown Wilmington and Newark.
• Route 8 – service will be extended to serve the Woodlawn Library on 9th St. at Grant Ave.
• Route 15 – the following five trips will no longer serve Twin Spans Business Park due to low ridership: outbound to Christiana Mall - 12:18 PM, 12:48 PM, 3:18 PM; inbound to Rodney Square - 11:56 AM, 12:32 PM.
• Route 17 – there will be no change in service to Zenith as originally proposed. Based on public comment, levels of service to Baylor Women’s Correctional Institution will increase with the addition of 2 trips and other trips have been adjusted to meet demand. The adjusted schedule to Baylor will be: 7:01 AM, 7:23 AM, 8:57 AM, 9:27 AM, 12:27 PM, 1:27 PM, 2:27 PM, 4:28 PM, 5:28 PM, 6:15 PM, 8:21 PM, and 11:15 PM.
• Route 24 – NEW SUNDAY SERVICE will be implemented hourly from 9 AM to 5 PM between downtown Wilmington and Governor Printz Blvd. only.
• Route 28 – from downtown Wilmington, AstraZeneca will be served onsite at 6:36 AM, 7:00 AM, 7:48 AM, 8:59 AM, 4:37 PM; toward Wilmington at 9:01 AM, 4:40 PM.
• Route 33 – Sunday service will be eliminated due to low ridership.
• Route 43 – service between 9 AM and 3 PM will operate every 60 minutes instead of every 30 minutes; evening service will be added leaving Odessa Park & Ride at 6:40 PM, 7:40 PM, and leaving Middletown at 7:20 PM.
• Route 61 –route alignment to Claymont will change to serve Society Dr. and Northtowne Plaza before Tri-State Mall.
• Dover’s Water Street Transfer Center will relocate to the new Transit Center 3 blocks west on Water St. between Queen St. and West St. near Dover Police Station (service to the new Transit Center will begin on Monday, December 13).
• Some routes will have minor time changes due to the relocation of the Dover Transit Center.
• Route 104 – route will terminate at Camden Wal-Mart, no longer serving Peachtree Run or Mifflin Meadows (Route 117 will continue to serve Mifflin Meadows on weekdays). Transfer point between Rts. 104 & 117 will be at Camden Wal-Mart. Mifflin Meadows will not be served on Saturdays.
• Route 117 – route will be extended to serve Peachtree Run and Camden Wal-Mart. Transfer point between Rts. 104 & 117 will be at Camden Wal-Mart.
• Minor time changes, where needed, to improve on-time performance or connections with other buses.
• Route 301 – minor time changes to improve on-time performance or connections with other buses.