The Wicomico County Health Department urges everyone to practice these stay cool safety tips:
Seek air-conditioned environments such as malls, libraries and public places. Stay indoors.
· Schedule outdoor activities before 10:00 am and after 6:00 pm.
· Take a cool bath or shower.
· Minimize direct exposure to the sun, if you must be outdoors, seek shade.
· Stay hydrated – regularly drink water or other nonalcoholic fluids.
· Eat light, cool, easy-to-digest foods such as fruit or salads.
· Limit using the stove or oven to keep the house cooler.
· Check on others; co-workers, the elderly, and those living alone.
· Wear loose fitting, light-colored clothes.
· Bring pets indoors. If they must remain outside make sure they have shade and plenty of clean, fresh water.