Frankford – The Department of Transportation (DelDOT) announces that Highway Safety Systems, Inc., will be replacing guardrails across Sussex County this spring. The replacement work will begin on Monday, April 12 and end on Friday, May 14, pending weather. The work schedule will be from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., for the $233,875 project.
The following roads will have intermittent lane restrictions:
• Route 13 northbound and southbound between Route 9 and Gordy Road
• Pepper Road from Gum Road to Omar Road
• Cross Keys Road from Phillips Hill Road to Country Living Road
• Springfield Road from Park Avenue to Deep Branch Road
• River Road from Clark Road to Route 13/Seaford Road
• Airport Road from Mt. Pleasant Road to Dogwood Road
• East Trap Pond Road from Johnson Road to Shiloh Church Road
• Dorothy Road from BiState Boulevard to Route 1/Route 13
• Woodland Road from Butler Branch Road to Route 20/Stein Highway
• Shell Bridge Road from Vine Street to South Shell Bridge Road
Impacts to individual roadways will be announced at the point when work is started at each site.
Motorists are advised to use caution when traveling throughout these locations.
Motorists are encouraged to visit DelDOT online at www.deldot.gov, or tune to WTMC 1380 AM.