My wife and I have been in the U.S. since 1999. All of our children were born in Mexico (none U.S. citizens or GC holders). Our son was deported and left behind 2 U.S. citizen children (1 has special needs). We help our daughter-in-law…


…who is here ilegally, to care for them. Without us, she cannot go to work or pay her rent. Isn’t there something for us?

Unfortunately, no. Without a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident/ green card holder child, there is nothing for you now since grandchildren don’t count for DAPA. Please don’t lose faith—laws change. One good piece of news: your daughter-in-law can apply for DAPA.