1. Create and Control Your Internet Image. Whether its LinkedIn, YouTube or Facebook, every professional should have an online presence. Most employers research job candidates on the Internet before making hiring decisions. Therefore, it is vitally important that you take control of your online identity, and carefully monitor the "personal brand" youre building on the Internet.
2. Invest in Career Coaching. It might seem that career coaching would be a luxury in this difficult economic climate, but actually, this might be the best time to get some career coaching. A qualified Career Coach can help you get totally clear on your objective, differentiate yourself from the competition, market yourself effectively, get the offer, and negotiate the best compensation.
3. Tune into the Network. Early fall is one of the best times of the year to make new connections and find new opportunities. With folks returning from vacation and refocusing on work, there are many fall networking events, planning meetings and group happenings. These are ideal environments for productive networking.
4. Perform an Internal Career Audit. September is a perfect time to take an honest look at your career -- where youve been, where you are today, and where youd like to go. Identify new goals based on your own definition of career success, take action, and then follow through.
5. Update Your Career "Tool Kit." Most job seekers use only their resume as the cornerstone of their search because their other "tools" are weak or nonexistent. But there are many other documents you should have in your "career tool kit" -- accomplishment stories, positioning statement, one-page biography, target company list, contact list, professional references, letters of recommendation, and more. These items are important not just to land the next job -- but also to maximize your long-term career success.
"There really couldnt be a better time than September to launch a professional job search. Hiring managers are back in their offices making employment decisions for the fall and early 2011."
Tu Opinión(Se el primero en dejar un comentario)
Total Comentarios: 0 Mostrando 10 Comentarios por Página Página 1 de 0