Winner poster by Chelsea Connell - 12th Grade
Wilmington Christian School.
Stephen B. Kingsberry, Executive Director of the Delaware Department of Transportation’s Delaware Transit Corporation, announced that changes to DART First State fixed route bus service will become effective December 5, 2010. New bus schedules are available on all buses and online at www.DartFirstState.com.
Below are the changes by county. Bold type indicates a change from or an addition to the original proposal based on public comments:
New Castle County:
• Minor time changes, where needed, to improve on-time performance or connections with other buses or trains.
• Route 1 – due to overcrowding, trips will be added from 9 AM to 4 PM weekdays, resulting in the bus operating every 20 minutes between downtown Wilmington and Market St. at Lea Blvd., and every 40 minutes between downtown Wilmington and Tri-State Mall.
• Route 3 – the 4:34 PM trip from the Opportunity Center will be replaced with a trip leaving at 4:04 PM.
• Route 4 – service from 9 AM to 4 PM weekdays will operate every 20 minutes instead of every 15 minutes in order to improve on-time performance.
• Route 6 – due to overcrowding, trips will be added from 9 AM to 4 PM weekdays, resulting in the bus operating every 20 minutes between downtown Wilmington and Prices Corner, and every 40 minutes between downtown Wilmington and Newark.
• Route 8 – service will be extended to serve the Woodlawn Library on 9th St. at Grant Ave.
• Route 15 – the following five trips will no longer serve Twin Spans Business Park due to low ridership: outbound to Christiana Mall - 12:18 PM, 12:48 PM, 3:18 PM; inbound to Rodney Square - 11:56 AM, 12:32 PM.