Smyrna (DE), Emerging Operations Center - August, 28 at 11am. Main points mentioned by Gov. Markell during the conference call:
- Damages less than predicted.
- No reports of serious injuries or fatalities.
- 55,000 residences have lost power. Many of them still have no power yet.
- Shelters will remain open until no longer needed.
- Reclassified driving restrictions from Level II to Level I.
- "Still numerous roads that have debris," said Governor Markell.
- Remove mandatory evacuation.
- Assesment of damages:
1) Restore power
2) Emergency systems
3) Reopen school and public buildings
- Kent General Hospital contacted DEMA in relation with a flood of 4 feet of water. DNREC solved the problem.
- 659-DEMA or helpline to report down trees or damages.
- There is a "Debris Removal Plan" by DelDOT to clear dibris from primary roads.
- "Deepest gratitude to the people who evacuated, emergency responders, volunteers who has assisted others, DEMA, DNREC, DELDOT, National Guard...," Governor Markell added.
- Bridges over C&D Canal are opened as of this morning. Indian River Inlet bridge will remain close.
- Bussiness at the coastal areas can reopen.