Delaware Transit Corporation will conduct Public Hearing Workshops to obtain comments on proposed changes to DART First State Statewide Fixed Route Bus Service to become effective Sunday, December 4, 2011.
Monday, September 19, 2011 – 3 PM to 4:30 PM
DelDOT Admin. Bldg., Farmington/Felton Room
800 Bay Road (US 113), Dover
Tuesday, September 20, 2011 – 3 PM to 4:30 PM
DelTech Owens Campus - William A. Carter Partnership Center, Room 535C
Seashore Highway (Route 18/404) & US 113, Georgetown
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Carvel State Office Building, 2nd Floor Auditorium
820 N. French Street, Wilmington
The proposal calls for (by County):
New Castle County:
* Routes 1, 4, 5, 6, 15, 17, 20, 22, 23, 25, 28, 41, 42 – minor time changes
* Route 5 – route would use Adams Street from Maryland Avenue to 4th Street instead of Madison Street.
* Route 15 – service to Creekwood Office Park would be discontinued at the following times: from Wilmington at 8:05 a.m., 5:03 p.m., 5:33 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.; to Wilmington at 7:17 a.m., 7:47 a.m., 8:17 a.m., 8:47 a.m., 4:41 p.m. and 5:47 p.m.
* Route 17 – all trips would now serve the Shoprite in the Christina Crossing Shopping Center.
* Route 20 (addition to original proposal) –trips currently serving Barley Mill Plaza would instead serve Chestnut Run.
* Route 22 – Saturday service would now operate every 60 minutes instead of 90 minutes.
* Route 23 – Saturday trips would no longer serve the Wilton loop (see Route 22 for increased frequency).
* Route 25 – As part of the one-year pilot service, made available through the DNREC Community Environmental Project Fund, the following improvements would be made: a one-way trip would be added weekdays leaving Delaware City at 10:46 a.m.; Saturday trips would now serve Tybouts Corner, Delaware City Refinery and Delaware City; all Saturday trips would now operate every 60 minutes instead of 90 minutes.
* Route 28 – all trips from Wilmington would serve Nemours Clinic before A.I. DuPont Hospital; trips to Wilmington would serve A.I. DuPont Hospital before Nemours Clinic.
* Route 41 – for the trips that currently serve Christiana Mall, the bus would no longer serve the stop at Target, but would continue