“Natural Leaders: Presidents and Nature”
commemorates Presidents’ Day on February 15
The Delaware Museum of Natural History celebrates Presidents’ Day on Monday, February 15, 2010 with Natural Leaders: Presidents and Nature. This family-friendly event features hands-on activities and crafts about presidents’ roles in environmental preservation:
* Live peacock and information about decorative plumage policy
* Scavenger hunt about Thomas Jefferson’s Lewis and Clark Expedition
* Matching game on Theodore Roosevelt’s “natural” empire of national forests
* Live ducks and real duck stamps
* Endangered species exhibit
WHAT: Natural Leaders: Presidents and Nature
WHERE: Delaware Museum of Natural History, 4840 Kennett Pike, Wilmington, DE 19807
DATE: Monday, February 15, 2010
TIME: 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
ADMISSION: $7 for adults, $5 for children (3-17), $6 for seniors, free for children 2 and younger. Free for museum members.
MORE INFO: Call (302) 658-9111.