Show dates are November 8, 9 and 10
The play, written by Ian McWethy, follows a first-time director working to cast the leads to “Romeo and Juliet” the day before rehearsals begin, sorting through bad, really bad, and the absolute worst auditions to cast Romeo and Juliet.
The play features the largest fall play cast ever at Sussex Tech, with 20 members of the Drama Club taking the stage. It’s a fast-paced, single-act play with lots of laughs.
Shows are November 8, 9 and 10 at 6:30 p.m. at Sussex Technical High School. Tickets are $10 for students and $12 for non-students, available from teacher Anthony Natoli at firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks can be made out to Sussex Technical High School.
The cast includes:
- From Dagsboro, junior Lauren Porter.
- From Laurel, senior Gershom Shadid, juniors Jessica Snead, Kha’lil Whaley, and freshman Sam Jones.
- From Lewes, seniors Hannah Wolk and Josh Hoffpauir.
- From Milford, senior Chase Albright.
- From Millsboro, senior Sydney Gross, junior Ansley Morrow, and freshman Jake Youse.
- From Ocean View, senior Madison Shifflett, junior Maria Cusimano, and freshman Kade Taulbee.
- From Rehoboth Beach, senior Jack Booth and junior Sophie Czerwinski.
- From Seaford, juniors Nadjina Boyle, Stella Wilson, and Alexa Griffith, and freshman Basil Cook.
- From Selbyville, senior Hannah LoRusso.
- From Paris, France, Victoria Chaudet, a foreign-exchange student.
BadAuditions 1 - Cover| Caption: Left to right, Sussex Tech students Lauren Porter, Josh Hoffpauir and Sydney Gross rehearse a scene from “Bad Auditions by Bad Actors.”
BadAuditions 2 | Caption: Left to right, Sussex Tech students Nadjina Boyle, Josh Hoffpauir, Sydney Gross, and Basil Cook rehearse a scene from “Bad Auditions by Bad Actors.”