A person’s best shot at avoiding the flu this season is to be vaccinated against it. Flu vaccinations are encouraged for anyone over the age of 6 months, but especially for people over the age of 65, people with heart or lung disorders, immunosuppressant diseases or diabetes.
TidalHealth offers residents of the Delmarva Peninsula multiple options and opportunities at nearly 30 locations where they can receive their seasonal flu shots. High-dose “senior shots” are only given at doctor’s offices and pharmacies. At our drive-thru clinics and wellness van stops, a quadrivalent (four-strain) flu shot is offered.
The most convenient option is any of their three Drive-Thru Flu Clinics in Crisfield and Salisbury, Maryland and Millsboro, Delaware. TidalHealth nurses will be offering flu shots at the TidalHealth McCready Pavilion on Saturday, October 3 from 8:00 a.m. to Noon. The Drive-Thru event in Salisbury will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Arthur W. Perdue (Shorebirds) Stadium on Friday, October 9. Residents in and around Millsboro may receive their vaccination at the Drive-Thru clinic on Saturday, October 31 from 8:00 a.m. to Noon at the TidalHealth Millsboro Pavilion on Route 113 near Lowes. Flu shots at all three Drive-Thru clinics are free of charge. Participants, who don’t need to leave their cars, must be at least 13 years of age (13 to 17 bring a parent to sign consent). No payment or insurance information is required at our drive-thru clinics.
Additionally, flu shots are offered during regular hours at TidalHealth Home Scripts Pharmacy in Ocean Pines and three Immediate Care locations in Seaford, Georgetown and Laurel, Delaware. These locations will bill a person’s insurance company, when appropriate, if any copays are associated.
Flu vaccinations are also available at many of TidalHealth’s primary care and specialty care offices across Delmarva. Primary Care offices offering flu vaccinations include Bridgeville, Millsboro, Delmar, Georgetown, Laurel and Seaford in Delaware and Salisbury, Federalsburg Crisfield, Ocean Pines, Berlin and Snow Hill in Maryland.
Persons needing a flu shot may also obtain one at TidalHealth Pulmonology, Nephrology and Women’s Health specialty offices. All primary care and specialty care offices will bill a person’s insurance company, when appropriate, if any copays are associated.
TidalHealth Population Health is also providing free flu shots on its Wagner Wellness Van at eight locations across Delmarva in the months of October and November, including a Veterans Day flu shot clinic for vets and their spouses on November 11 in Salisbury.
For information on TidalHealth Wagner Wellness Van locations or to obtain the address and phone numbers of any of the TidalHealth offices providing flu vaccinations this season, please visit mytidalhealth.org/2020flushots.
ANY TIME – Walk in:
TidalHealth HomeScripts Pharmacy, Ocean Pines – Monday – Friday: 8:00am to 6:00pm, Saturday: 9:00am to 3:00pm, 410-543-4769.
- October 9: Drive-Thru Flu Clinic, Arthur W. Perdue Stadium, 8am-6pm
- October 15: Westside Fire Dept., Bivalve, 10am-12noon
- October 22: HALO Shelter, Salisbury, 11am-1pm
MANY DATES – Call for Appointment:
- TidalHealth Primary Care Federalsburg: 410-754-2440
- TidalHealth Primary Care Ocean Pines Campus: 410-912-6104
- TidalHealth Primary Care Woodbrooke (Salisbury): 410-912-5785
- TidalHealth Primary Care Snow Hill: 410-912-4950
ANY TIME – Walk-in, TidalHealth Immediate Care:
- 100 Rawlins Drive, Seaford, DE 19973; 302-536-5415
- 503 W Market Street, Georgetown, DE 19947; 302-856-7099
- 30549 Sussex Highway, Laurel, DE 19956; 302-715-5214
- October 20: Laurel Elementary School, Laurel, DE, 12n-2p
- October 20: Laurel High School, Laurel, DE, 3p-5p
- October 27: Seaford High School, Seaford, DE, 12n-2p
- October 30: Seaford High School, Seaford, DE, 12n-2p
- October 31: Drive-Thru Flu Clinic, 8:00 a.m. to Noon at the TidalHealth Millsboro Pavilion on Route 113 near Lowes
MANY DATES – Call for Appointment:
- TidalHealth Primary Care Bridgeville: 302-846-0618
- TidalHealth Primary Care Delmar: 302-846-0618
- TidalHealth Primary Care Georgetown: 302-856-7099
- TidalHealth Primary Care Laurel: 302-875-6550, 302-875-2127
- TidalHealth Primary Care Millsboro: 302-732-8400
- TidalHealth Primary Care Seaford: 302-990-3300, 302-536-7740