World Trade Center® Delaware to host Export Financing Forum

with EXIM Pres. & Chair Reta Jo Lewis and Congresswoman Lisa Blunt Rochester

Congresswoman Lisa Blunt Rochester
Congresswoman Lisa Blunt Rochester

NEW CASTLE – Delaware businesses, attorneys, bankers, and economic development leaders are invited to a forum on export financing and global trade featuring Reta Jo Lewis, the President and Chair of the Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM), on March 27.

Reta Jo Lewis

Registration is currently open at, with a March 20 deadline. The forum will be held from 8 a.m. to noon at the Hotel DuPont/Du Barry Room, also featuring U.S. Congresswoman Lisa Blunt Rochester (D-Del.) and representatives from EXIM, Securitas Global Risk Solutions, and Fulton International Group (Fulton Bank).

“With nine out of 10 transactions from the Export-Import Bank serving small businesses, this is a perfect opportunity for business owners who are considering growing through exporting,” said Carla Stone, President of World Trade Center Delaware, the forum organizer. “The opportunities and upside are significant for First State firms to reach global consumers.”

The forum, “Securing Your Export Future: From Delaware to the World with EXIM Financing,” will include a roundtable with exporters from the global diaspora community. Attendees will also learn how affordable and accessible financing from the Export-Import Bank can help businesses grow and how to limit credit and transaction risks when doing business internationally.

“A company doing business only in the United States is reaching just 3 percent of consumers. That’s leaving 97 percent on the table,” said Stone, of World Trade Center Delaware. “We’re here to help Delaware businesses expand beyond our borders.”

This forum is presented with the contribution of Fulton Bank.